Cambridge Information Centre – Website Advertising – Terms and Conditions
In these conditions "we" are Cambridge Information Centre, and the employees and agents of those companies, and "Customer" is the person or company placing material for publication on our websites.
1. In accepting any material including electronic material or data for publication, and in publishing it we are doing so in consideration of and relying on the Customer's express warranty, the truth of which is essential:
1.1. That the material does not contain anything:
- that is misleading or deceptive or likely to mislead or deceive or which otherwise breaches the Fair Trading Act 1986
- that is defamatory or indecent or which otherwise offends against generally accepted community standards
- that infringes a copyright or trademark or otherwise infringes any intellectual or industrial property rights
- that breaches any right of privacy or confidentiality
- that breaches any provision of any statute, regulation, by-law or other rule or law, and
1.2. That the material complies in every way with the Advertising Codes of Practice issued by the Advertising Standards Authority Inc. ("ASA") and with every other code or industry standard relating to advertising in New Zealand. And,
1.3. Publication of the material will not give rise to any liability on our part or in a claim being made against us in New Zealand or elsewhere.
2. The Customer agrees to indemnify us against all losses or costs arising directly or indirectly from publication of the material, and from any costs incurred in our making corrections or amendments in accordance with the terms that follow.
3. The Customer agrees to enter the material using the online forms provided and once approved the advertising will be deemed for invoicing purposes to have begun.
4. All materials are subject to reasonable approval by the Cambridge Information Centre. We may require that material is corrected or amended to conform to style, or for other genuine reasons.
5. We may refuse to publish, or withdraw material from publication without having to give a reason.
6. The positioning material within the website is at our discretion except where specifically agreed in writing.
7. Cancellation policy
The advertiser agrees to the following terms and conditions:
All cancellations must be made in writing to the Cambridge Information Centre.
The Customer's material will be removed from the website on completion of the agreed term.
8. The charge for advertising material will be in New Zealand dollars and in accordance with the applicable published rate card applying at the time for the publication, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
9. Advertising placed by Customers who are not New Zealand residents will be zero-rated for GST purposes. GST will be applied at the standard rate to advertising placed by non-resident agents acting for New Zealand resident principals.
10. Payment is due on the 20th of the month following advertising (unless otherwise specified in writing). If payment is not made by the due date the Customer's advertising will be removed from the website.
11. The guarantees contained in The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are excluded where the Customer acquires, or holds himself out as acquiring, goods or services from us for the purpose of a business.
12. We will not be liable for any loss (which includes loss of revenue or profit) from an error or omission in material published, or for failure to publish, whatever the reason for the error. If we are found to have any direct liability to our Customer in any circumstance that liability is limited to the cost of advertising space for the relevant material in the website.